posted Feb 19, 2016, 11:11 AM by Ashley McBride
updated Feb 26, 2016, 10:51 AM
This is the first annual Winterfest and is sponsored by East's Junior Class. The event will be held on Friday, March 11th from 4-7 in the Wildcat area. This is a FREE event for students, teachers, families, and community members and it is also a fundraiser for PROM (the fundraiser aspect will come from the basketball sign-up, raffle, food and donations).
Winterfest is going to feature lots of cool activities:
- 3v3 basketball tornament. It's $15 per team (or $5 per person)
- Food! We are bringing in Trolly Stop from Franklin St. They have a mini food truck/cart that will be set up to sell their famous hot dogs, chips, and drinks. We will also have lots of baked goods and other snacks available.
- Battle of the Bands. We are excited to bring Battle of the Bands back home to East. Furthermore, this will not just be loud "rock" bands, but we expect to have a diverse group of performances (different types of bands, singers, acapela). We'd love more! If you are at all musical of at all a performer, sign up to perform here or email Mr. Seifts at email@example.com.
- Raffle and Face Painting: We will have a raffle table with prizes from Silverspot (new U Mall movie theatre), Brenz Pizza Co., Tobacco Rd., TCBY, and more. Plus, come get your face painted and set free that inner wildcat!
- Long sleeve shirts: Who doesn't love a long sleeve shirt?! We designed our shirts to recognize the 20th Anniversary of East.
- Video game playoff: We will be set up on the big screens in the library. Come Play!
If you would like to get a jump start on supporting us while at the same time staying abreat of #AllThingsWinterfest, go ahead and hit us up with that follow on Insta: @EastWinterFest